Did you know a dental procedure exists to help protect teeth from further tooth decay? If you are at risk for cavities and dental erosion, it is important to determine if dental sealants will need to be applied to your back teeth, specifically your premolars and molars, which are most at risk for erosion. Once dental sealants are applied, they can provide numerous benefits, including the following:
– A child’s molars typically grow in around the age of 6. At this time, dental sealants can be safely applied to vulnerable teeth to help protect against tooth decay.
– Studies done by the Center for Disease Control have shown that children with dental sealants in place are up to 3 times less likely to develop any signs of cavities on protected teeth.
– If you are in need of an additional layer of protection for your enamel, dental sealants can resist acids that can erode normal tooth enamel.
– Dental sealants are known for their natural shine as they can allow the beauty of your teeth to still be visible. When they go on clear, this also helps the dentist to determine if any damage is taking place underneath as well.
– Dental sealants can last up to 10 years of continuous use.
– Individuals are 80% less likely to suffer from tooth decay when protective measures are enacted beforehand.
If you are looking to improve your smile with dental sealants at Robert Madry, DDS, General and Cosmetic Dentistry, you are welcome to set up an appointment with Dr. Robert Madry and our team at our dentist office. Contact us at 361-991-7622. We are here to serve as your dentist in Corpus Christi, Texas to give you the oral health care you need.